Palm Coast Motor Vehicle Accident FAQs
Car Accident FAQs
- Report the accident to the proper authority.
- Do not admit fault, and take note of any parties who do admit fault.
- Do not make any statements about the accident to anyone other than your doctor or lawyer.
- Make note of any details that may help prove your case (such as, road conditions, actions of the other parties).
- Take names and contact information of all parties involved, and any witnesses who may help you prove your case.
- Take photographs of all vehicles in the accident (before repair), and of any injuries incurred.
- Seek medical attention and describe all injuries and complaints.
- Contact Chiumento Dwyer Hertel Grant, regarding your rights as an accident victim.
Every motor vehicle accident case is different, and subsequently every motor vehicle accident recovery is different. Accident victims typically have a right to recover for expenses related to their medical bills, lost wages, severe injuries, and pain and suffering. Beware of any attorney who promises specific dollar amounts, or results.
Many different factors can have an impact on who is at fault in a motor vehicle accident and to what extent. That is why it is extremely important to follow the steps above and to contact an experienced attorney immediately to help prove your case. Even if you may be partially at fault, do not make any statements, and contact an attorney, you still may be entitled to a recovery.
Our attorneys have experience in many different areas of litigation that involve personal injury and property damage, including:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
- Uninsured, or under insured accidents
- DUI accidents
If you have been involved in any type of motor vehicle accident and feel that you may have a legitimate claim for a recovery, contact our office for a free consultation to discuss your case with one of our experienced attorneys.
We always offer a free consultation to discuss your case, and do not charge any fees unless we win you a recovery. Our fees will be based on a percentage of your recovery.
The litigation process is different for every auto accident case and can sometimes take 8-12 months to reach conclusion. Some cases go to trial, and some end in a settlement, and other factors relating to the specific details of the case determine to process and length of the case. One of our experienced attorneys will go over the likely course of action with you during your free consultation.